Wednesday, September 12, 2012

All I have to do is cook

  So it was not said to me, but it was said to another cook where I work to a cook who was in a foul mood and apparently had words with a waitress. All I heard was her saying, "What are you getting so worked up about? All you have to do is cook." When I first heard it it did not bother me because he was being a whiny lil bitch for some stupid reason. This cook gets mad if he gets 3 orders or more. Basically he can not handle it.
   A few days has past since it was said, but it has been being said over and over again, in my head. All I have to do is cook. Really? That's what you think? OK here is what I really have to do..........
Cooking
  1. Make Biscuit Gravy
  2. Prep for morning, sausage links and patties, bacon, eggs, pancake mix, sausage gravy, eggs.
  3. Be able to read the tickets.
  4. Knowing how long each item on the ticket takes to cook.
  5. Put all pieces of the order to cooking in order of longest to cook to shortest to cook.
  6. Be able to plate the orders. This sometimes includes desifering the tickets to know what itesm go on what plate.
  7. Making sure the waitresses take the right plates.
  8. Make mashed potatos
  9. Make both white and brown gravy.
  10. Cook Veggie.
  11. Make sure we have all the food in make table stocked.
  12. Make a soup and possible a sandwich spread.
  13. Make 2 specials.
   But what was I thinking? All I have to do is cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment